01202 612212 (24 hrs)
Funeral Assist helps families on low income in their hour of need and is provided by Chester Pearce Funeral Service based in Westbourne, Bournemouth, Dorset.
For details on the costs and other arrangements for the Funeral Assist service including information on our Harmony Funeral Services provided by Chester Pearce Funeral Services.
For those who simply wish to arrange for the collection of the deceased and have them taken to the crematorium or cemetery. There is no service or other arrangements to be made.
Welcome to Funeral Assist Funeral Service
Funeral Assist is available for those who are eligible to make a Social Fund Claim.
Can you get help?
You can get help towards the cost of a funeral if you or your partner are getting one of the following qualifying benefits or entitlements:
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Pension Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Working Tax Credit which includes disability or severe disability element
- Child Tax Credit at a rate higher than the family element
What services are not covered?
What services can I get as part of Funeral Assist?
- Our full support through the arrangements for the funeral, and with the completion of the Social Fund Claim
- The highest standards of care, dignity and respect
- An appropriate vehicle to covey the coffin to the funeral service
- Administration of donations
If any other services are required, visit